Federal employee loans are loans designed for people employed by the government to provide them with favorable conditions.
If you belong to this group of people and are looking for extra money, you can consider this option.
About Federal Employee Allotment Loans
These loans are designed for government employees who have a low credit score, such as militaries, postal employees (USPS), etc.
Bad credit can be a serious obstacle to borrow money from banks and other traditional options, but your poor credit history will not prevent you from getting financial help when you need it if you are a federal employer.
Federal Employee Loan Programs and Legislation
There is a range of loan programs and laws, allowing federal workers to get loans at reasonable conditions.
For instance, FEEA offers emergency loans for government employees.
Those are zero-interest loans allowing those working for the government to close a financial gap in their budget in a quick and painless way.
Also, there are allotment loans for military employees that work on a payroll deduction basis, which means that a certain amount of money will be taken from your paycheck.
According to the Military Lending Act (MLA), their APRs must not exceed 36%, which is applied to any type of loan, including installment loans, payday loans, and other types of loans.
Pros and Cons of Loans for Federal Government Workers
A list of advantages of payroll allotment loans includes:
– Quick approval process. The most important factor here is to be a federal employer. Usually, lenders will run no credit check and approve your application without problems;
– Reasonable requirements. While requirements depend on the lender, usually, they are easy to meet, such as being over 18 years and being employed by the government for at least 1 year;
– Convenient conditions. You will be paying out your loan in a convenient way for you.
If it is an installment loan, it does not mean that you will have to pay it for years. Eventually, you are not obligated to accept conditions that you do not like;
– Using money for any purpose. It is up to how you want to spend your loan, such as paying bills, going on a trip, repairing your car, etc.;
– Helpfulness in emergencies. Unexpected situations requiring extra money can happen to any of us at any time.
It is important to be able to find a quick, reliable, and affordable solution.
Allotment Loans for USPS Workers
Post office loans for employees are a great option for those working in the industry to improve their financial position.
They can count on personal loans, which are unsecured.
It means that in this case, the borrower’s creditworthiness is more crucial than a car, property or anything else used as collateral.
Such loans can be taken for 1-3 years if the employee needs $1,300-$4,000.
The 5-year period suggests taking up to $4,000-$20,000.
As for the 7-year period, here post office staff members can count on $20,000-$32,000.
While rates on post office allotment loans are fairly competitive, a post office employee may fail to receive the advertised APR.
It’s because in this case, a rate is built around such factors as his or her expenditures, credit score, and income.
The borrower can apply for this financial product if he meets the following requirements:
- A good credit rating;
- Aged 21-70;
- An annual income of at least $15,000.
No Credit Check
Installment loans for federal employees are exactly what you need when facing an emergency;
Such loans come at no or reasonable rates, making it affordable for federal workers to get them when needed.
As for the disadvantages of payroll deduction loans, there are really no ones, except for your obligation to pay your loan out even if you lose your job and a risk to make a deal with a dishonest lending service provider.
This means that you should get such a loan only from trusted lenders that have high ratings and good customer reviews. No credit check loans are won’t impact your credit score!
- Great flexibility over early repayment: The borrower will be greatly delighted by the fact that he will not face a penalty fee for paying all of part of his loan ahead of time. Moreover, if he overpays, he can have his loaned shortened or cut his remaining monthly repayments. The latter option is considered to be more affordable.
- Eligibility checker: Just like most lenders, those using such a financial product can count on a clear indication as to their probability of being approved before they apply for it.
- Next day funding facility: The borrower’s loan may be transferred the next day. However, as a rule, lenders don’t make it clear when exactly it’s available. One should note that most lenders are reluctant to transfer money outside of office hours.
- Instant decisions: It’s clear that an average borrower doesn’t want to be kept waiting. Fortunately, in most cases, he can get the desired decision on his loan within seconds.
- Attractive interest rates: Such cash advances are also known for their affordability. So, here, the borrower can count on one of the cheapest rates.
Need Money Now? Don’t Wait!
Examples of Costs & APR
TwentyMilliSeconds.com is not a lender – as such, we do not have control over the APR you will be offered. We display a Representative APR only as it is based on data offered from multiple lenders. The following represents sample rates, is for informational purposes only, and may not reflect the actual APRs offered by your lender or lending partner.
Loan Amount $1,000, Interest Rate 24.00%, Loan Term 12 months, Fee 3.00%, Repayment $94.56, APR 29.82%, Total Repayments $1,134.72, Total Cost $164.72